Adoptable Pets of the Week at Mantua PetSmart
Call (856) 318-6870 for more information about our adoptions!
Nyla is a friendly, sweet, and active 3-year-old boxer mix. She enjoys the company of other pets and is looking for a walking buddy!
This 1-year-old lady was brought to our shelter with her kittens. Her babies all found their forever homes – and now she’s looking for hers!
Trish was a stray who became a surrogate to kittens at the shelter after giving birth to her own litter. She’s great with children & would love to curl up in your lap!
Baby, It’s Cold Outside!
While the weather outside is frightful, A Voice for Paws wants to share some tips to help you make sure your pets stay warm, healthy and happy in the chilly days ahead.
- Know your pet’s limits! Some animals are more susceptible to the cold than others, so adjust the amount of time they stay outside.
- Check the hood – cats often sleep in the wheel wells of cars during winter months to keep warm.
- Wipe their paws! During winter walks, your dog’s paws can pick up all kinds of toxic chemicals – salt, antifreeze, or de-icers.
- Keep them leashed! More pets become lost in the winter than any other season because snowfall can disguise recognizable scents that would normally help them find their way home.
- Avoid the ice – not just on the roads & sidewalks, but frozen ponds & lakes, too!
- Leave them home! Just as hot cars are dangerous for pets in the summer, cold cars pose a threat as well!
- Be seen! With Daylight Savings making it darker earlier, keep yourself and your pet by wearing reflective gear.
- Give them shelter! Ideally, all pets should live inside, but if your pets live outdoors primarily, bring them indoors during sub-zero temperatures and give them more food to replace energy lost from trying to stay warm.
- Be prepared! Winter brings extreme weather that can cause power outages. Have an emergency plan and make sure they include your pets.
- Be careful with decorations. Many shiny new decorations look like fun new toys to your pets – especially glass ornament balls and tinsel!