Adoptable Pets of the Week at Mantua PetSmart
Call (856) 318-6870 for more information about our adoptions!
Bubbles has a happy, bubbly personality – hence her name! This silly & playful girl enjoys the company of other dogs and cats!
This 1-year-old beauty is a little overweight – but that just means there’s more of her to love. Playful & sweet, Aspen would love the be part of your family!
An 8-month-old who was found outside alone & pregnant. We took her into our rescue where she had her kittens, and now this sweet girl is ready to find a family of her own!
The Dog Days of Summer
Now that we’re quite literally in the dog days of summer – here are some tips to help keep your pets safe.
- Plenty of clean, cool drinking water is a must at all times.
- Never leave your pet in a parked car, not even for five minutes.
- If a pet is overcome by heat (detected by excessive panting, is heavily salivating, and/or immobile) immerse him slowly in cool water to lower his body temperature, then contact a veterinarian. Never immerse a pet in ice cold water, it may cause him shock.
- Keep Pets Groomed: Clip long or matted coats short to help your pet stay cool, but remember that pets, like people, can get sunburned too and coats should not be TOO short.
- Health Check: Carefully go over your pet’s body at least once a week to check for fleas, ear mites and tiny bumps or cuts. Bring your pet to the vet for a summer check-up and use a good flea and tick repellent recommended by your vet.
- Exercise: Exercise pets in the morning or evening when it’s cooler.
- Prevent Burns: Dog pads burn easily, so avoid hot surfaces such as asphalt on hot days.
- Identification: With the hotter weather, families and their pets are outside more often, increasing the chances of a pet getting lost. Make sure your pets always wear proper identification.
Ready to make a difference in the lives of animals of Gloucester County?