With an all-volunteer Board of Directors, A VOICE FOR PAWS truly recognizes and deeply appreciates the commitment of time and energy of our volunteers. Volunteers help us raise funds, they enrich the lives of our animals, and they help spread the word about the importance of our non-profit’s work to give a better/improved quality of life to animals in need in Gloucester County and surrounding areas.
While we are based in Gloucester County, New Jersey, volunteers from all over the world can help us by holding fundraisers or making individual donations to help our organization meet our goalsl. Locally, we need helping hands on a number of levels (See attached A VOICE FOR PAWS Volunteer Application). It is the commitment and generous support of individuals like you that makes it all possible.
If you are interested in helping or have any questions, please respond by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the Volunteer Application and return it to: A VOICE FOR PAWS, INC., PO Box 525, Glassboro, NJ 08028.
A VOICE FOR PAWS Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer to visit with/walk/care for (clean and feed) our adoptable animals at The Gloucester County Animal Shelter & PETSMART Adoption Centers and give them some special attention.
- If you have a truck, volunteer to pick up periodic donations and deliver to a board member’s house or to needy recipients.
- Pick up/return animals for our TNR Program.
- Link to us using Social Media – Facebook. Follow us; like us; and share us with all your friends!
- Attend our fundraising events and bring your friends!
- Sign up for our Scrip Program and A VOICE FOR PAWS will receive a percentage of your total card purchase.
- Collect food, blankets and toys.
- Table at scheduled events or one of our bake sales to develop new supporters and prospective adopters.
- If you’re under 18 (or not), you can make A VOICE FOR PAWS a special project at school or a group – have a drive to collect food, toys, blankets.
- Have a yard sale to benefit A VOICE FOR PAWS.
- Organize a rummage sale/bazaar at your church or group and hand out fliers about A VOICE FOR PAWS. (We can send you a Word document suitable for printing.)
- Have a food drive at your school, church, social group.
We would love to hear any ideas you might have to develop our volunteer base to help with fundraising; grant prospecting; event development; and volunteer coordination.